Sunday 31 January 2016

Carrie Underwood - Missed Opportunities



Carrie Underwood is hands down one of my favourite vocalists of all time. She has the power I look for and the country tone that takes me back to Nashville (I have never been to Nashville physically). She alone takes up most of my iPhone playlist; I have 372 songs that have all been meticulously chosen and Carrie is 39 of them! May not sound like a grand statement - but it is! She holds a very dear place in my heart, I can relate to a lot of her music and also it supplies the one thing I find necessary when listening to music - can I mime to it and pretend I am in a dramatic music video, and yes I can, she delivers like no one else.

However a lot of her songs do not got any attention and I find that incredibly sad, not just for the population, but for me aswell! I want to be able to watch live performances and see music videos for all of her songs; but just like the rest of the music world she only chooses to release around 5-6 of the songs from each album! I WANT MORE!

So as I do, I have a problem and I have found a solution. The missed opportunities compilation album. This can purely be a selection of her greatest non hits or even (and I type this with shaking excitement) a video album! I have selected the 10 songs for the album so Carrie doesn't have to - you're welcome. Also I have named the album 'Relapse' after one of my chosen songs. Also the latin definition for relapse is to 'slip back' - kind of perfect for this style of album don't you think. 

So let us get this track list underway.

1. Relapse - From the album 'Storyteller'

I may be jumping the gun here because this song is on her most current album so there may still be time, however this may be the push she needs to release this single! I can't lose. 


2. Lessons Learned - From the album 'Some Hearts'

An amazing motivational song. Basically every knock you get in life you should appreciate them, because they are (wait for it...) lessons learned.


3. Flat On The Floor - From the album 'Carnival Ride'

This is a toe tapper if I ever heard one! It is about trying to get out of a terrible relationship. Although if you want to get deep it could possibly be about trying to escape an abusive relationship - but I might be reading too much in to it, I do that sometimes. 


4. Forever Changed - From the album 'Blown Away'

This a tear jerker. Emotional doesn't come close to how this song will make you feel. It is a song about a loved one losing their memory as they gets older. I want to assume dementia but it doesn't mention anything. So sad, so beautifully sung.


5. Change - From the album 'Play On'

A nice song to make you feel guilty for not giving to charity. A real thinker to make you evaluate your life choices.  


6. Cupid's Got A Shotgun - From the album 'Blown Away'

A fun country ditty about avoiding Cupid basically. Love that she sings about shooting Cupid herself, that pure nugget just wants love in this world!


7. We're Young and Beautiful - From the album 'Some Hearts'

A beautiful little love song about enjoying life whilst they are young and beautiful basically. It is just a nice, easy listening, sweet song; and we don't get much of them these days.


8. Get Out of This Town - From the album 'Carnival Ride'

One of my favourite type of songs are ones about escape. I love the idea of one day packing my bag and just running. Not in a depressing way, more just to see what else is out there. This song hits that feeling on the head.


9. Starts With Goodbye - From the album 'Some Hearts'

A song about the pain of having to say goodbye, having to leave something behind or even been left behind. So sad, but uplifting at the same time - something Carrie is an expert at doing.


10. Someday When I Stop Loving You - From the album 'Play On'

A very typical country song (that isn't a bad thing), a nice simple music track with some beautiful vocals. Quite heartbreaking to hear her singing about trying get over a break up.

 
Bonus Track
Mexico - From the album 'Storyteller'

I just really love this song right now, up there with 'Relapse' as one my favourites from the new album. Made it a bonus track because she needs to release it as a single yesterday! She could also re-record it and release it as a sequel to 'Something Bad' with fellow country goddess Miranda Lambert. 



There you go Carrie, Carrie's management and Carrie's Record label; I have done all the hard work for you. You have your cover and your tracklist. You already own the songs so just put them together, make me 11 music videos and I will move on. I need to move on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment