Wednesday 9 October 2013

Life's a Witch


In celebration of Halloween and also the return of one of the best TV shows tonight, American Horror Story, I thought I would introduce you to my favourite TV witches. I strictly picked TV because I was flummoxed at the amount of movie witches I could have picked. I am extremely excited for the return of American Horror Story, especially as it is to be centred around witches! Jessica Lange, Emma Roberts, Gabourey Sidibe, Kathy Bates and Taissa Farmiga are all to star and I think it will be the best season yet. So lets go and get this magical (get it?) countdown on the go.

5. Bonnie (The Vampire Diaries)
Our poor Bonnie does not get an easy ride of it in Mystic Falls does she? She has basically seen everyone she loves either be killed or turned in to a vampire! She is often called upon to help with their issues and do some magic spell to save the day - only problem is is that she is young and she can't really control her powers. Proof of that at the end of the last season.

4. Alex (Wizards of Waverly Place)
Ok, technically not a witch - she is a wizard (I don't know the difference). This part introduced us to the talented Selena Gomez. She is a brilliant comic actress with amazing comic timing. Alex often gets in trouble with her magic abilities and can be quite careless. However she ends up winning the family wizard title thing so she can't be that bad.

3. Willow (Buffy The Vampire Slayer)
It is hard to consider her as one of the greatest witches after season 6 (you know what I am talking about). Trying to kill my love The Buffster is just a step to far, but I get it - the love of her life was shot, she had to get revenge at any cost and Buffy had to be all about saving the world, it would have pissed me off aswell. However for the bad she did she also did the world a tonne of good aswell, saving the world in season 7 can make you forget about scary black haired, vainy faced Willow.

2. Sabrina (Sabrina The Teenage Witch)
Probably my first foray into the witching world as a child. Sabrina finds out at 16 she is a witch and she must live with her aunties to learn the ways of the witching world. Hilarity ensues as she has to learn how to use her power and reveal the family secret at the same time (whilst also learning how to be a teenage girl with boy crushes, boobs and bullies). This show was hilarious and was the perfect antidote for a bad day at school.

1. Prue, Phoebe, Piper and Paige (Charmed)
I couldn't pick one sister from another, they were all great in their own way. I loved this show and even collected the Charmed Magazine where you could build your own Book Of Shadows (I had a lot of free time in my youth). I just enjoy a good kick ass show, with horror, comedy and drama. This show had it all in buckets. Was gutted when Prue died but was more than happy with the replacement. I would crave an extra sibling when I was younger just so we could chant 'The Power of three will set us free' - just to see what happened.



No comments:

Post a Comment