Tuesday 17 December 2013

Why we should all be a little more Jennifer Lawrence


If you haven't been charmed by the beautiful Jennifer Lawrence then you must simply be heartless. She is a warm, intelligent, talented, beautiful and charismatic actress. Every role I have seen her in she just shines. And normally I am quite bitter when it comes to people younger than me been successful, but with her it doesn't seem to bother me (as much).

 There are quite a few things that we can learn from this young woman and here are 5 quotes that would benefit us greatly if we took them to heart.

1. Jennifer on her 'weight'
'I don't really diet or anything. I'm miserable when I'm dieting and I like the way I look. I'm really sick of all these actresses looking like birds... I'd rather look a little chubby on camera and look like a person in real life, than look great on screen and look like a scarecrow in real life.' 
We always hear stars saying that they live these healthy lifestyles, how refreshing is it to hear one of the world's most famous actresses actually say what we want to hear.

2. Jennifer on mental health
'It's just so bizarre in this world; if you have asthma, you take asthma medicine. If you have diabetes, you take diabetes medicine, but as soon as you have to take medication for your mind it's...there's such a stigma behind it.'
When she speaks, she only speaks the truth. The lack of filter on her mouth truly makes her brilliant. I can't imagine how many people this helped - to be acknowledged and supported by someone like her.

3. Jennifer on acting
“Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid. Everybody’s like, ‘How can you remain with a level head?’ And I’m like, ‘Why would I ever get cocky? I’m not saving anybody’s life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I’m making movies. It’s stupid.’”
One thing we all love about her is is her honesty. It's so great to see someone in the business who actually is aware.

4. Jennifer on money
“I like the financial security because I know how hard it is for so many people who struggle to earn a living. I’m grateful I don’t have to worry about money and I can live very freely and do something I love and get paid very well to do it. I tell my friends to slap me if they ever think I’m getting full of myself.”
She is so aware of everything, she fully understands how great some parts of her life are and yet when she says it we don't actually hate her for it.

5. Jennifer on being starstruck
“Once I’m obsessed with somebody, I’m terrified of them instantly. I’m not scared of them — I’m scared of me and how I will react. Like, for instance, one time someone was introducing me to Bill Maher, and I saw Meryl Streep walk into the room, and I literally put my hand right in Bill Maher’s face and said, ‘Not now, Bill!’ and I just stared at Meryl Streep. [...] I just creepily stared at her.”
Okay, hands up ... isn't this exactly what you would do if you saw Meryl Streep!

This is quite a short list about how and why I love Miss Lawrence! She is honest to the point that sometimes you don't know if she is saying something for effect; but really with her we know she isn't. She is hilarious, all you have to do is watch an interview with her. She is crazy talented and if you don't agree she has 67 awards for acting you can argue with. She is only going to get better and bigger. I see more Oscar's for her and more inspiring roles for her to take over.

Jennifer I bow down to you, please stay you amazing self, don't let the bastards get you down and keep on shining.

No comments:

Post a Comment