Tuesday 18 February 2014

8 TV shows you aren't watching but should be.


I watch a whole lot of TV, a lot more than a human should. So it pains me when I can't talk to people about my interests, my acquaintances are just not on my level (perhaps they have a social life). So, as I am a giver, I thought I would talk about 8 TV shows that people should be watching so I won't feel like such a loser.

Bates Motel 
'Psycho' is one of my favourite films of all time. It is genius and has more than stood the test of time. So when it was announced a TV show would be made that was inspired by it  I jumped on it. At first I was sceptical because I am a firm believer that some things should be left alone - boy was I wrong. This show tells the story of Norman Bates before 'Psycho' but it has been set in modern times. The star of the show for me is Norma Bates played amazingly and perfectly by Vera Farmiga. Freddie Highmore plays Norman extremely well and I applaud the show for showing us the early signs of his crazy in such a great way. Watch it!

Impractical Jokers
In a nut shell this is a prank show. I don't normally watch these shows since 'Jackass' as I didn't think they could be topped, and they all seemed like copycat shows trying to best the best. Boy am I glad I gave this one a chance. It features 4 life long friends from New York, they are middle aged with an amazing sense of humour and lack of shame. The difference about this show is that they don't try and humiliate people, they strictly humiliate themselves. The tasks will make you cringe and crease with laughter. Watch it!

RuPaul's Drag Race
I have done a whole post before dedicated to this show, but I feel I should mention it again. Basically it is a drag version of a talent show. It is perfect. We have drama, touching moments and what I feel every show should have - lip synch battles!!! It has introduced the world to an art form often mocked and misunderstood, along with laughs-a-plenty plus fabulous men with a talent we should all see and admire. Watch it!

The Following
Nowadays there is a cop show for everyone. Any angle of the justice system you want to watch you can. This show concentrates more on the crime then the technique to catch the bad guy. The story is about a mass-murderer who has a cult following, so whilst the killer is behind bars his wishes are still being granted by the masses. SPOILER ALERT the bad guy escapes prison with a vendetta against the guy who captured him. Plus the show stars Kevin Bacon who we all love (except from those dreadful phone adverts) so this show is great. Watch it!

The Bad Girls Club
This is another show I cannot shut up about and have also dedicated an entire post to. This show has everything. It has drama, it has comedy, it has tragedy, it has fighting, it has making up, it has ratchetness and it also has some classy girls. Basically 7 self confessed 'bad girls' are put into a house. Nothing else to it - they just have to live together. Watch it!

Parks And Recreation
It baffles me that this show isn't bigger than what it is. It stars the amazing Amy Poehler as Lesley Knope, she is the assistant manager of the parks department in her local council. I laugh out loud at every episode. A quick hint - don't watch the first season first, I love this show but it definitely hit its stride in season 2 (watch season 1 after, you will just understand it more then). It is shot in a documentary style so there are lots of awkward moments caught which I love. Its one of those comedies with a heart and those are my favourite kind. Watch it!

Orange Is The New Black
Anyone with out a Netflix account is seriously missing out. This show is genius. It centres around a pretty middle class woman being sent to jail for drug charges she received 10 years prior. The show has its funny moments as well as its sad moments. It comes with drama and an extreme sense of sisterhood. I wasn't sure how great a TV show could be that was made for the internet, but I was extremely pleasantly surprised. I fell in love and binge watched it in a day. Watch it!

Girls
I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of this show now, its just no one seems to be talking about it with me - and I have a lot to talk about. The show centres around 4 young women finding their way through Brooklyn, New York. It is a realistic approach at how women of this age think and act. Lena Dunham created and stars in this show, she is genius. I laugh with them in their awkward moments and cry with them in their sad moments. Plus I live for Shoshanna, she is everything. Watch it!

Watch them all, thank me later with money and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment