Sunday 21 September 2014

I Love The Veronicas


It is very rare for a band to come out and for me to fall for them, sure I will love a song or even love an album - but with this band I love them. Everything they do. It isn't even biased, I genuinely love everything they have put out. Step forward The Veronicas. 

I just did a quick wiki search on the girls and it kind of shocked me - I have been a fan of their's for 9 years. NINE YEARS! I fell for them the second I heard '4ever'. There was these twins rocking out and driving their Mini Cooper around, taking polaroids and having fun. I was hooked, had to know everything about them (when I join a fandom, I join a fandom hard). I got their CD imported from Australia and never looked back. This band has everything I look for - they are fun, yet deep, they are happy, yet emotional. They write all their own stuff, play instruments and know how to put on a show. Plus for some strange reason (maybe because I am a twin) I love that they are twins, I love seeing twins work together and be successful. 

As a Veronica fan there has been quite a lull in my life, they disappeared for 5 years. The music just stopped, they were on top and they went away. Their single 'Untouched' was a smash the world over (top 10 in the Uk and top 20 in the US) and then we heard nothing. We kept getting promises of new material but that never happened. Last year they graced us with a one off single which they only released in Australia and then they bowed out again leaving us wanting more. I have heard there was issues with the record company so all can be forgiven. 

Now as I type though they are officially back!!! They have a killer new song called 'You Ruin Me'. It is a beautiful haunting ballad that you can tell comes from the heart of these beautiful brunet aussies. Really showcases their talents as singers and song writers. It makes you stop in your tracks and listen. And we also have news of a new album, simply called 'The Veronicas'. I seriously can't wait. I can't wait for them to come back to the UK for a tour, I can't wait for new music, new music videos, more performances, more everything. 

I love you Jess and Lisa and I cannot wait.





Buy their new single here - The Veronicas - You Ruin Me

No comments:

Post a Comment