Saturday 22 March 2014

The Liebster Award


So I received some amazing news on my Twitter feed last week; my life long beautiful friend Rebecca nominated me for a Liebster Award. Nope, I wasn't sure what that was either. I did some research and found out the word 'leibster' has German origins – the word has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend. It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people and this award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. I also found out there is no cash prize or trophy, still its an honour just to be nominated.

With this award comes responsibilities. There are rules. The person who nominated you will set you a challenge, nothing dramatic, but there are some questions they would like answered. The beyond lovely Rebecca asked me to list 5 of the things on my bucket list and why I want to achieve them, so lets go.

1. I want to see the world
I am in constant awe just how big this earth is, there is so much to see and so much to do. I am missing out on so much and it sickens me. I want to see things that so few people have, I want stories to tell and I want to fall in love with mother nature.

2. Learn another language
This one seems impossible, my memory sucks and I think memorisation skills would be important for such a task. I just feel that in this day in age it is ignorant to expect everyone else to understand english. Us english speaking people are quite obnoxious when it comes to our own language and we expect to be understood even if we have to say it louder and slower.

3. Be in a Hollywood movie
I don't mean to be the star, I know my limitations. I would love to be an extra in a horror film, maybe even be killed in some dramatic fashion. (Wes Craven? Scream 5? Call me?).

4. Be published
It is a dream for something I wrote to be published somewhere. I want my legacy to live on well after I have gone. I think there is no better way than the written word. I would love to one day write a book of some sorts, write for a magazine/blog/website or even just have my blog noticed by someone high up in the literature world.

5. Last but not least ...



As cliche as it sounds that is all I really want. I don't know how to get it and I don't know what will make it happen. I don't know if money would make me happy (I know it wouldn't make me miserable). I don't know if been in a relationship would make me happy, but I'm willing to give it a go. I don't know if having a career would make me happy, but I am going to try and get one. At the end of the day I want a life full of adventure and experiences. I just want to be happy. 

So there we go I did it. Thank you Rebecca (to be found at itsrebecca), gave me a lot to think about.

This is the part where I would nominate others, unfortunately I am not really in the blogging community so I don't have anyone to nominate :(. If anyone wants to be my friend then let yourself be known (feeling like a sad desperate loner right now). Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment