Saturday 26 April 2014

What am I doing?


My blog is called 'What Craig Did', and yet I rarely mention what I am doing right now. Probably because I don't have a whole lot going on. Sadly I don't do much at all. I have become that person I never wanted to be - I have a full time job! And even worse I have become one of those people that automatically wakes up at 6am on the weekend because I am used to it in the week (don't get me wrong - I quickly roll over and go back to sleep when I realise). This blog post is going to be all about me - my favourite subject. As always I have made a list of things so lets get underway.

Job
I am currently working as a Visual Merchandiser for a major British department store chain. Basically the job requires me to make the store look pretty. I dress the mannequins, create the displays, hang the wall posters, set up all advertising and all general upkeep. I am liking the job, it is definitely a lot more physical than I am used to, fingers crossed for some upper arm muscles out of this. Having religiously never lifted anything heavier than 5lbs in my entire life it has been a struggle. 

Home Life
Home life is good. I may be a bit behind my peers. I moved back home a couple of years ago now, it just made sense. Whilst I get on my feet and find my path I don't want to have to worry about bills and been alone all the time. My parents and sister are amazing, it feels like more like roommates than the house having any type of hierarchy. It works for us as we are four very individual, opinionated people. I will be looking to move on within the next year or so but I am happy where I am right now.

Friends
I have an amazing group of friends. As time goes by some friendships diminish and some grow. I am lucky as I always have someone I can go to. I do wish I could hang out with some of them more than what I do, but I understand that sometimes life doesn't allow for that. I won't name a certain friend but I want to thank them individually - they allow me to say whatever drivel pops in to my head, they talk to me all the time, I feel like they get me on a bigger level than most and I never feel judgement from them - so thank you.

Love Life
Not applicable. Nothing new to write. Seems singledom is a way of life for me. 

Plans
I don't have a lot of plans as of now, I just got my first full time job so that is taking a lot of time up in my life. However I am going to do something soon, quite scary for someone like me - I am going to go to another country alone. I haven't decided which one yet, I have limited it down to Europe. France seems to be the front runner right now. It won't be for long, maybe even just for a week, but it has been something I have been thinking about for a while now and I am in a good enough place where I can do it, Mainly I want to see how I cope, I am very used to my own company so that won't be an issue and another major reason is that I don't know if anybody will be free or willing to go with me.

Emotions
I have been a mix of emotions lately. My life has completely changed in the last few months. I have always been in education and now it suddenly stopped. I feel more responsible for my life than I have ever before. Every choice from here on out means something. I have my down times sometimes, frustration with myself, disappointment with myself - always feel like I should be doing more than what I am doing. However, with the down times I do get happy times aswell, I am forever grateful for what I do have. Mostly I am scared if I am completely honest, I don't know whats happening a lot of the time.

Interests
Nothing really new to report here, if there is one thing I do talk about a lot on here it is my interests. TV shows I am currently watching are The Big Bang Theory, Parks and Recreation, Inkmaster, Scandal, Veep and I have become obsessed with Big Brother Canada. My days Big Brother Canada and US have a completely different set up than we do over in Blighty - and it is insanely better, research it and you will see what I mean.
Music I am currently listening to a lot is a mix as always. I am re-listening to Miranda Lambert's 'Four The Record' a lot and starting to love the songs I never gave a chance to before. Favourite song right now is probably 'Look at Miss Ohio'. Also really liking Iggy Azalea's new album, Christina Perri's new album and American Author's new album. I try to listen to a lot of new music, mainly recommended to me by my friend who always has a list of new stuff I might like.
When it comes to movies I keep finding myself trying to seek out slasher horror's I haven't seen yet. Watching a lot of badly made sequels, and some good ones sometimes. Really want to dedicate more time and money to my DVD collection.

So I think that is us all caught up now. I will be honest I am struggling to come up with ideas for this blog. I have posted 118 times and it is hard to keep my ideas fresh, so any thoughts or links would be amazing. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.

    ReplyDelete