Sunday 11 May 2014

Wanna know a secret?



We all have secrets, some we eventually share but most we keep to ourselves for fear of ridicule or fear of people knowing the real us. Isn't that a damn shame? We should be able to be who we are in front of everybody. Unfortunately it can't be the way. I know for a fact I have secrets that I can't tell certain people. Some people know, but they have been entrusted with not telling the certain person involved.

I try and be as honest as I possibly can. Although recently my honesty has been put under the spotlight. Apparently I have been too honest with my feelings in some certain situations. So quickly I am learning when to shut up, it is hard because you expect to be able to trust certain people with your emotions - I have learnt that you can't. People can be selfish and two faced with you. On one hand they want you to be truthful, but woah there Mary, don't be too honest, even if it doesn't affect anything. I am quite an emotional person, I often hide it with sarcasm and I have found out that there is no time for sarcasm in this world. So now its fake smiles and small conversations.

Back to my original thought on secrets. I wish I could share everything I was thinking and wanting. I wish that I wasn't so fearful of repercussions. I wish I could turn to a certain person and empty my guts, not in a gross way with vomit but in the more metaphorical beautiful way where I reveal everything. However sometimes you have to keep something to yourself to allow someone else to be happy. It is quite a selfless act but when you want a special someone to be happy, you sacrifice your own happiness.

I hate having secrets because I truly believe that been open and honest with people is the best way to live. How else can you have a relationship with someone if they don't know everything about you, even your dark side? I would like to start an initiative here today. Lets be honest. Just that, lets be honest. If anyone I know wants to know anything just ask me. I don't want to be afraid to say anything anymore, I have nothing to lose I don't think, and if someone was to lose something because they were honest, then was it really worth keeping?

Also I would like to invite anyone to tell me anything. I love knowing people's stories. They are literally my favourite thing. I love to learn how people tick and what makes them the way they are.
This is probably what makes www.postsecret.com one of my favourite websites. We all have this world inside of us, and I think it is time to share a little bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment