Sunday 25 May 2014

New Obsessions


My life seems to be one obsession after another, I quickly get bored and move on. New things come into my life and I suck them dry for all their worth. I am pretty sure by the end of this post I will have a new obsession I move on that quick. However for now (May 26th) I will talk about some things that are rocking my world.

The Office US
I have mentioned this show in a previous post, I am in love with it. In the space of discovering it a few months ago I have watched every episode at least 3 times. I never thought I would love a show as much as I love this again. My favourite characters are Jim and Pam for reasons I have previously mentioned, but with such an eclectic group of characters I am constantly entertained.

RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 6
I am in love with this show, it basically encapsulates everything I love in a reality show. This season did not disappoint, it may have even upped the stakes a touch. Never before have I struggled with picking a favourite, normally there is a stand out who I support all the way. With this season out of the final three I didn't mind who won. I was so happy for Bianca and I know we will see a lot more from Adore and Courtney. I do have a bit of a crush on Adore so I will be keeping an eye out for her.

Veep
Julia Louis-Dreyfus never disappoints, she can't do any wrong in my eyes; in real life as with her character choices. This show doesn't sound like something I would normally like - its about American politics. I barely know what is happening with British politics (shamefully). However I decided to watch this because of Julia and boy am I glad I did. It is absolutely hilarious, Julia plays Vice President Selina Meyers. Selina never wanted to be Veep and has her eyes firmly set on the Presidents chair. With her not giving a shit attitude and amazing supporting cast I am hooked.

Frasier
It was a slow afternoon one day so I went to my bestie (Netflix) and looked for something to do and their it was; Frasier. I remember this show from my youth and always had a chuckle so I thought why not watch it from the beginning again. Beyond happy I did, its like a whole new sitcom has been released for me. I don't remember anything really from the first time round so its all new jokes and scenarios. I am in love with Frasier and Nile's eccentricities, Daphne's naivety and Roz's quick wit. I feel all grown up watching this show now, I think I am finally appreciating adult comedy.

Big Brother Canada 2
I can't begin to tell you how much better this setup is better than the British equivalent. Yes we have the amazing and beautiful Emma Willis to present ours, but thats the only part we are winning in (not to put down the Canadian presenter, its just I have a big love for Emma). The housemates were all great, love them or hate them. With their setup its 100% more of a game, its all strategy. You will hear '... for my game' endlessly, and you have to respect it - it is a literal competition. When it came to winning I wanted Neda to win, but she got bested by her partner in crime - but John was a very deserving winner.

Music
Sia - Chandelier
Sam Smith - Leave Your Lover
Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood - Something Bad
Lady Antebellum - Bartender
The Fault in Our Stars Soundtrack
Lily Allen - Sheezus

No comments:

Post a Comment