Wednesday 6 August 2014

My Name is Craig and I am obsessed with Photoshop!


Some people enjoy fishing, working on cars or even horse riding, but not me. We all have our hobbies and we shouldn't be judged for them. My greatest time killer of late is Photoshop. I love it. I like to think of myself of as a creative person but stuff like painting, drawing and watercolours don't attract me - there is no undo button. I am not a perfectionist, I just make a lot of mistakes so an undo is a god send. Also its a lot less messy and a lot less materials are needed. 

My favourite things that I like to create are things for promotion. Album covers, advertisements and film posters are my forte. Let me give you a run down of what I have done above.

Fuck Love
Just a little fake movie I created starring Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence and Jennifer Aniston (a trio we all know we want to see). Yeah, its out on Valentines Day, don't read too much in to it.

Little Mix - 3
Little Mix have announced they are writing for their 3rd album. So stealing inspiration from the name of Beyonce's 4th album (4), I called it 3. I also went with a more grown up photo shoot and played around with sizes.

Neon Jungle - Welcome to the Jungle Tour
I tried to keep this one looking cool and effortless just like them. Inspired a little by the 'Braveheart' video with the colouring. 

Craig Magazine
I haven't created a magazine cover since AS Level Media Studies, so I thought I would have another crack at it. Taking a lot of inspiration from Company Magazine. I just love their aesthetic and there isn't anyone rivalling them in their layout and artwork in my opinion.

Olsen Hair Dye
When I created Craig Magazine I wanted to add some authenticity so I created some advertisements. I chose to use the Olsen twins as I have the biggest love for them, I changed their hair colour and added the tag line 'Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful'. I really like this message as they are twins, but this doesn't mean they have to be the same.

Looking for Alaska
I chose to do this movie poster as it is one of my favourite John Green book's. This is also my dream cast for the film, and if you have read the book then you will agree it works.

Topshop
I created this advertisement for my own little magazine again. I chose quite a simple layout so it is the clothes you look at and not my skills on photoshop.

I have done a lot of work on Photoshop, a lot of it can be seen on the 'My Work' page. Link Here. Also below I will put bigger images of the 7 images above if you want a bigger look.








If you want to see more of work then just look at the images on every post on this blog. I created them all myself aswell.



No comments:

Post a Comment