Wednesday 4 September 2013

Commitment-phobe


I have huge issues with committing to things. I am very indecisive and hate making a final decision. I hate making plans really far in advance as it sits with me and gives me more time to come up with an excuse not to go - I have killed off non existent relatives to get out of things, it gets that bad. It's not because I am lazy or unsociable but it just seems that doing nothing alone is a better option. Below I will list some of the bane's of my life.

Brushing My Teeth
First of all I brush my teeth every day and have quite good oral hygiene - infact my dentist said that my major problem is that I brush too hard (so suck on that you judgy people). My issue is brushing my teeth at night. I don't want to make the commitment to not eating after a certain point. I eat very late at night more than any other time of the day, so brushing my teeth is like the cut off point - and I am never ready to commit to that.

Booking Train Tickets
I hate sorting out travel arrangements in advance. Most people do as it is the smart option and I even hear that you can save money by doing it before time. This has not changed my ways. I will pay for my ticket at the station. I hate been tied to a particular time or a particular train - I will get there in my own sweet damn time.

Buying Clothes
I have to go clothes shopping alone as I know for sure I would piss off the people I am with. In a shop I will at least walk around it twice before I even touch a garment, then when I find something I like I will examine it. I will look at the seams, the fastenings and the quality of the material. This is because I know I wear clothes to death and I need to know it is a commitment that I can be comfortable with.

Ordering Food
Why people go out to eat with me I don't know, there will always come a moment where I will start to panic. There are too many options in a restaurant and I never know what I want and almost always I will regret it. Food is a big deal for me - I love it - and when there are multiple choices I will start to freak because I don't want to make the wrong one. I really wouldn't mind if restaurants only served one dish.

Making Plans
Once again I hate planning in advance. I like to be asked to go somewhere moments before it is due to happen. I hate knowing I have to be ready for a certain time. There is nothing better than the feeling of someone cancelling plans. The relief can overwhelm you. I will rarely cancel plans, I will more than likely just show up late.

Going To The Gym
For me just been a member of the gym is enough for me, makes me feel instantly fitter. Going is another issue. I can not commit to putting myself through pain a couple of times a week. Also it could get in the way of my TV binging. I want to get fit and healthy and as soon as someone comes up with a pain free way that I could either do in my sleep or sitting down, I don't see it happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment