Monday 23 September 2013

Forever 21


I turned the grand old age of 25 the other week. I did have a happy birthday, I went out with my friends and got drunk and danced the night away. Although the thought of ageing can bring me to tears quite often. I absolutely hate the idea of getting old. I used to say that 25 was my 'scary age' -it is such a grown up age and the next big birthday I will have is 30. 30!

 I should have had so many more experiences and accomplishments by this age - but alas I don't. I have literally been in education for the last 21 years. I left high school at 16, went to college, then art college and now uni. I finish this year though. I should be happy but I am terrified. I don't know what to do with my adulthood. I have never had a full time job and if I am honest I don't ever want one. I get bored very easily and my attention span lasts for about 20 minutes and then I am gone.

The worst thing about my birthday is that I was always the oldest out of my friends. My birthday is September which is also the the first month of school. I used to like that because it was like I was the first one to experience things; but now I am just the older one. I am 25 and they are 24.

There are certain things that are expected to come with age, we are supposed to grow up and become responsible. No. No. No. As cliché as it sounds, age is just a number. My attitude to anything is not going to drastically change because I have been around the sun a number of times. I still want to have fun, I still want to experience things. I don't want to settle down and have a routine - I am not a 9-5 kind of boy. My biggest fear in life is to look back and have no fond memories of my twenties - lucky for me I am only half way through so I got a bit of time. So if anyone is reading this that I know and you want to go and do something, (money permitting) I will come with you. Getting old is horrible, accepting it is even worse.

I will be 21 forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment