Wednesday 4 September 2013

Plaid To The Bone

One of my favourite trends that I am confident will always come through the fashion rotating door is plaid. Whether you call it tartan, check, grunge, preppy, punk, catholic school girl or even lumberjack you should have at least one tartan piece in your closet. And to my delight it is back with a force. Mainly stemming from the new punk movement or re-introduction of 90's grunge; it can be found anywhere. I myself picked up a nice plaid shirt from Primark for a delicious price of £8.

The beauty of plaid is that it can be worn any way. It can be dressed up or down. My favourite way to see it is with a leather skirt or pant. The girl who wears plaid is a brave girl, a girl who isn't afraid to stand out and a girl who likes to look as if they don't give a shit. I prefer a blue based plaid myself but the classic red is just that - classic.

From the image above; on the left is all from ASOS (minus the gloves) - they have truly taken the plaid look and ran with it. On the left is examples of plaid hitting the runway for this season - Fall 2013. As you can see there is many ways to wear plaid, but  I feel a strict rule should be put in place - 1 piece at a time. Too much is trying to hard. So take note of this, get in there before everyone else does because lets face it we like to have things first. Even raid your mum's closet - guaranteed she has some Bay City Roller's flared trousers you can steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment