Monday 2 September 2013

The Youth Of Hollywood


I don't mean to sound mean but I have a disdain for anyone who is younger than me and is successful. It is a bitterness inside of me that I think comes from the fact that I don't have anything of note on my CV. If I hear of a teenager winning some major award or getting some recognition I just roll my eyes and huff. However, some people's talent blinds me from the fact they have achieved more than I ever will.

Saoirse Ronan - 5 years younger than me
This BAFTA winning actress is not just talented but also so pretty. My favourite performance of her's has to be for 'Hanna'. She kicked arse and I am so looking forward to see where she goes - I only see great things for her.

Ariana Grande - 5 years younger than me
Her voice is so close to perfection it blows my mind. She is absolutely stunning and also a great comedic actress. Already a veteran of Broadway, Television and music.

Chloƫ Grace Moretz - 9 years younger than me
When I was 16 I was panicking about what to do with my life and what college course to take - she already has an established acting career that has seen her make millions at the box office. So excited for her in 'Carrie'.

Emma Roberts - 3 years younger than me
Been the niece of Julia Roberts was not enough for her - she wanted her own career. She has now been acting for 13 years. She is now going to star in 'American Horror Story: Coven' and I can't wait.

Logan Lerman - 4 years younger than me
It is hard to believe he is only 21. He has such a professional head on his shoulders and he is finally making waves in the movie business. Absolutely loved him playing Charlie in 'Perks of Being a Wallflower', I pretty much love everything he does.

Dakota Fanning - 6 years younger than me
I find it hard to believe she is only 19 as I can't remember a time when she wasn't around. She got her first acting role 13 years ago and all she has done is get better and better. Loved her's and Brittany Murphy's characters in 'Uptown Girls'. She will be the Meryl Streep of the next 50 years.

Natasha Calis - 11 years younger than me
She isn't that well known but her performance in 'The Possession' last year blew my mind. She was incredible and it has stuck in my head. I don't expect a lot from children in horror movies; but she just re-wrote the rules and created a standard.

Jennifer Lawrence - 2 years younger than me
I was absolutely gutted when I found out she was younger than me. I was convinced she was a few years older. She is an amazing actress and deserved all the awards - but its her I love more. In interviews she is hilarious and so 'normal'. You know there are so many more Oscars in her future.

Taylor Momsen - 5 years younger than me
Lover her as Little J in 'Gossip Girl'. I was upset when she left to pursue a music career but it was more than made up for with The Pretty Reckless. Their debut album was perfect and I can't wait to hear another one. Also I have seen her live and she was great - way beyond her years, it looked like she has been doing it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment