Tuesday 21 April 2015

My Spring Flings


This wet and drab spring we have just had has opened my eyes to some new stuff. So as I do I thought I would right a quick list just to talk about what I have been watching and listening to. Hopefully I may even find a friend that likes the same stuff as me so I can finally talk to someone about them (I can dream).

James Cordon
He is absolutely killing it in America right now with his new chat show and he has a subscriber in me on Youtube. I have always had a soft spot for him in my enlarged heart. He seems like the exact kinda man's man I could be friends with - and we would have a freaking ball. Some of my highlights of his are definitely the carpool karaoke with Mariah and JHud, plus I just finished watching him walk the Burberry fashion show in LA - he was phenomenal, he even high fived Anna Wintour, who else can say that?

Katya
In what can only be described as a boring season of RuPaul's Drag Race, she is the shining star. The only bulb working on the vanity mirror. She is absolutely hilarious, beautiful and amazingly talented. She scared me when she was in the bottom two on the second episode, but thank the baby Jesus that Ru saw sense. If she doesn't win I will be pouting for days. Plus I love a Queen that isn't afraid to get ugly. Also her Tumblr and YouTube channel is hilarious.

Amy Schumer
She has been around for a minute or two now but she is definitely getting more popular this year, her show is winning awards, she just presented the MTV Movie Awards and she just wrote a movie which she is starring in! Busy gal. She is one of my favourite comediennes because she isn't afraid to go there, and the shock factor is what makes me laugh the most. She has no filter and thank god.

Garfunkel and Oates
They have become quite big on Youtube with their comedy songs and then last year they got their own show! I watched all the episodes in one sitting. They are so funny, so quirky and their songs are as catchy as hell. You might recognise them because they have both appeared on The Big Bang Theory, and do you want a little fact? Of course you do, they wrote the Bernadette song that the whole gang sings to Bernadette when she is in quarantine. I hope they get a second season but it isn't looking promising, if they ever come to England and tour they would at least have one person in the crowd - me!






Grace Helbig
I have talked about Grace a few times and I think I may have had a major influence - she has only gone and got herself her own show on E! Of course I know I didn't have that much to do with it but I can dream (or maybe I did, we will never know). She is hosting her own chat show, but it is a chat show with a difference. She is just in a house, walking around, bumping in to her guests, playing games, awkwardly talking to the camera - I love it. It is such a different format and yet it doesn't feel forced or trying to hard. It has all the magic of her 5 minute YouTube videos but with a budget.

Little Big Town
I have known about these guys for a while now but I was heavily into Sugarland, Lady Antebellum and The Band Perry that I didn't allow them to access my brain. And I am kicking myself now. Their new album is fantastic. It is country to the bone with blues, rock and pop influences. All of their voices are great and I just can't get over that I chose not to listen to them before. I recommend their new album (Pain Killer) with a passion - its on Spotify.


3rd Rock From The Sun
I would like to thank the Dark Lords of Netflix for putting this show in its entirety right there at my fingertips. I have 6 whole seasons to kick back and watch (well I've binged it for 4 days now, and I only have a season and a half left). This one of those shows from my childhood that was just randomly on. I can't even remember what channel or what time it was on. So on a quiet day I just clicked on it - and I instantly fell in love. Dick, Sally, Tommy and Harry have found a special place in my life. I am literlly laughing out loud at some scenes, the jokes have stood the test of time. John Lithgow deserves all the awards for his contributions to this show. The second I heard him shout 'Oh, I'm gorgeous' I fell for him. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post!

    Phục vụ cho nhu cầu vận chuyển container bằng đường bộ ngày càng lớn, vận chuyển xăng dầu bằng đường sắt và vận tải, gửi hàng hóa vận chuyển xe máy bắc nam bằng đường sắt cũng đã xây dựng nên những qui trình, dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng hóa bằng các toa xe chuyên dùng chuyên nghiệp và có hệ thống. Đảm bảo mang đến chất lượng tốt nhất cho khách hàng sử dụng dịch vụ.

    ReplyDelete