Monday 20 April 2015

The Gay Agenda



We are here to destroy the sanctity of marriage. We want to turn babies gay. We want to bring down religions. We want to spit in God's face. We want there to be gay clubs on every street corner. We want to walk down the street in assless chaps. We want the Union Jack to be rainbow coloured. We want to make everyone uncomfortable. We want to tell everyone what happens in the bedroom, hell we don't want to keep it in the bedroom anymore. We want to adopt all the babies and raise them gay. We want everyone to be gay. GAY IS THE WAY!

Nope. Fuck that.

I can't believe that it is 2015 and we still have to fight for gay rights. Rights, not privileges. I have wrote a post before about gay rights about a year ago and I honestly thought the world was on the turn (not because of my post), there were great strides in support for the gay community. And yet here I am still raging about it.

Just today on Buzzfeed it showed a group in a high school in Pennsylvania staging an 'Anti-gay day', they all decided to wear flannel shirts and the cross with the words 'anti gay' written on their hands. What I find funny about this is that they didn't do their research very well, a flannel shirt is pretty much the uniform for 'bears' in the gay community. Idiots. And do you know why they created this day? They did it because 2 days prior a group of LGBT students and supporters staged a 'day of silence' event aimed at drawing attention to anti-gay bullying. Irony completely lost on the idiots in flannel.

I am actually disappointed in myself because I let myself down, when someone assumes I am gay (which I am) I get offended. I ask myself, how do they know? Is my voice gay? Is my body language gay? Am I dressed gay? I get offended because of all the negative connotations of being gay that have been drummed into me from society and the media. It is never ever a compliment to say 'oh, that's so gay!' 'Faggot' isn't an affectionate word. 'Queer' literally means strange. I want to be proud of who I am, I don't ever deny that I am gay - but I see so many punches been thrown, forcing me to keep quiet.

I just watched a documentary about Russia (presented by the great Reggie Yates on BBC3), I have never been so thankful for not being russian. Looks like hell over there. People will literally live their life trying to stop the 'gay propaganda'. They believe that gay people either want to have sex with the children of Russia or at the very least turn them gay. They can't have pride marches or festivals celebrating their lives because they will get arrested, thrown in jail or even killed. This isn't 50-60 years ago - this is today! Can you believe that? How backward is this? I have said this before but it seems to bare repeating - Gay isn't a choice! I wouldn't choose to be gay in a million years, it is just who I am.

Gay people aren't asking for much, literally nothing more than acceptance. We aren't asking for special treatment, we are just asking for the same. Give us the same respect you would your fellow straight man/woman. Give us the same basic rights. Let us live our lives without fear. We didn't ask for this, it is ingrained in us. We aren't trying to turn anyone else gay, god knows I don't need the competition! Allow us to adopt so we can start our own families, better to have two same sex parents than none at all right? Allow us to marry in peace, we love to love so why can't we celebrate that and commit ourselves to one other person? I have a lot of questions but I think they all have easy answers. I promise nothing will change if you accept us. We won't ruin the sanctity of marriage - hell we may even last longer than Britney's 55 hour marriage or Kim's 72 day marriage. We have been suffocated for too long - let us breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment