Tuesday 27 August 2013

Craig's Big Reunion


So Itv2 have announced there will be a second season of 'The Big Reunion'. First of all they will do a season following the first bunch of bands and then a whole new crop will be announced. I can imagine we will probably see East 17 and a bunch of boy-bands that made the girls cry in the 90's. However, I feel like they should take advice from me. I am a voice that speaks for boys and girls alike after all. So I have picked 7 bands that will make the show epic, instead of a chorus of middle aged woman singing along to 'Stay Another Day' - they could showcase just how much talent has been forgotten. So, my 7 picks are as follows-

1. Spice Girls
These were the 90's, there is no one bigger or better. It would be quite a coup to get these ladies in one room for so long (they are all quite busy) and I am pretty sure they don't need the show as they could announce a tour tomorrow and it would be sold out the day after. Still throw some money at them and we could get some magic.

2. The Pussycat Dolls
Nicole and the girls were amazing. They pumped out song after song that everyone fell in love with (you would be surprised with how many words you know of theirs). The girls can put on a show with legs flailing everywhere and Nicole reaching those notes only she can. It would be nice to have all 6, but 5 will do - it has been 4 years, we have suffered enough without them.

3. S Club 7
I picked these even though I was strictly Steps back in the day. Their songs are catchy as hell and we all know the words. Some of us even know the dance to 'Reach' - just saying. I feel if they don't do something soon people will get over this nostalgia kick we all seem to be on and they will miss out on some serious dollar.

4. All Saints
They tried a reunion not long back but it didn't take off, even though I bought the album and it was really good. They were the smoother, cooler version of Spice Girls. 'Pure Shores' still remains as one of my favourite songs today. After Nicole's recent woes a nice tour would be good to get her mind off things.

5. Mis-Teeq
These were clearly our answer to Destiny's Child, and they didn't disappoint. I fell in love with their music almost as soon as I heard 'Why'. Alesha's MC-ing was amazing and I proudly still know most the words to them. Their songs were cool and slick with a nice RnB edge. I just hope Alesha hasn't got too big to play second fiddle to Sabrina.

6. Danity Kane
You may be asking yourself who these are. Well shame on you. I my self am so immersed in American pop culture I am willing to give you an education. This group was formed by Diddy for MTV's 'Making The Band'. They released 2 number 1 albums in America, but their time was cut short due to conflict with management and themselves. They have since announced they will be coming back as a foursome (without D. Woods) and I think this would be an amazing opportunity to finally make it in the UK. YouTube 'Damaged' or 'Bad Girl' to witness the magic of Danity Kane.

7. Cleopatra
I was in love with these sisters. I bought every single one of their singles and my Dad even stole a cardboard cut out of them from a music store for me. Cleo's voice floored me everytime, she recently tried out for 'The Voice' and got to the semi-finals. I feel this was beneath her and she could be doing so much more. If the group reunites they could show just how much our music scene has missed them. 'Touch of Love' truly shows off their vocals - listen and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment