Wednesday 21 August 2013

Rules To Follow When Entering A Fast Food Restaurant

Having previously worked in a popular Fast Food Restaurant I feel that I am qualified to share some certain things that would make both the customer and the server have a more enjoyable day.

1. If you are in line for some time, please know what you want by the time you get to the front. 
Nothing annoyed me more then when I had a huge line behind a customer who didn't know what they wanted. They were stood in line for at least 5 minutes - what else were they thinking about!?

2. Don't be surprised by the price.
Every single thing was on a menu above my head! When it comes for me to tell you the price don't be shocked and don't ask me to break down all the individual prices.

3. If the toilet is locked the toilet is locked.
The toilet is usually locked for a reason. We weren't trying to be mean. If the restaurant is take-away only then we were not legally obliged to have a toilet.

4. There is a bin right by the door, use it.
This is not a high class restaurant. Everything you have is able to be thrown away. We didn't always have people on the seating area to clean so do the restaurant a favour and put your stuff in the bin.

5. Every joke has already been said.
I used to work in a popular sandwich shop, you wouldn't believe how many times I heard a 12 inch dick joke. Wasn't funny the first time or the 100+ times after. Just order your food, be pleasant and leave.

6. You be polite to the server, guaranteed you will get better service
Server's deserve respect, they are no lesser a person than you. They are doing a thankless job for minimum wage which I am sure most people can't and won't do. So respect them, don't piss off the person who is touching your food.

So, follow these simple rules and you will get better service. The people who are serving fast food more than likely hate their job (I know I did) and all they want to do is finish their shift whilst doing a good job. Make it easier for them by just being a decent person. Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment