Thursday 29 August 2013

I am worth it, God-damn it!


I am not mad at women, I am just incredibly jealous. A woman can decide what her face looks like first thing in the morning, where as I am stuck with what The Good Lord blessed/cursed me with everyday. I am of course talking about make-up. Women can hide any blemish, skin colour variation and even spots with a dab of make-up - I cannot. I don't understand the double standard. Why can't men wear make-up in everyday society? If I was to go out and someone noticed that I had a full face of make-up; the ridicule I would face would hurt.

I am not saying that I want to wear coloured eye-shadows, thick eye-liner or a killer red lip. I just want concealer for men to be a thing. Make me look naturally blemish free. Is that too much to ask for? God has tested me by giving me patchy skin -  parts that are red and others that are pale white; they don't blend together and having rosy red cheeks at 24 isn't cute. I will admit that I have worn foundation before on nights out. It give me a little more confidence because I knew that I was photo ready - as drunk as I was I knew that my skin looked amazing. When I say photo ready I mean that my skin was one less thing to worry about - hair and body issues were still very prominent.

So women I tip my hat to you. You have the confidence to put something on your face and go out in to the world. Some may go overboard and some may not be sure what colours suit them - but at the end of the day you have done something that shows the world a little bit more of your personality. 'Maybelline' and 'L'oreal' get you shit together and get on that man make-up - I'm telling ya, put a sports star on it and you will make a shed load. I would like a cut of profits as this is my own money making scheme idea; because I am worth it, God damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment