Thursday 22 August 2013

Who Doesn't Love A Good Song And A Dance?

I really enjoy award shows, but the thing is I couldn't care less about the awards. Its the performances I love. The artists go all out and put on a 5 minute spectacle. The MTV Video Music Awards are showing on Monday and I am more than excited. With performances from Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus to look forward to. So I thought I would have a gander at some of my favourite past performances.

The best ones in my eyes are the ones that shock. With Lady Gaga on the roster we are almost guaranteed a few surprises. I am basing this on her record - once coming out dressed as her male alter-ego and another time where she appeared to kill her self on stage. Britney Spears doesn't come up short when it comes to the shocks. She has been known to dance with a python, strip off whilst singing a Rolling Stone's song and of course the kiss heard around the world with Madonna (everyone seems to forget Madge did the dirty with Christina Aguilera aswell). Justin Timberlake's face was my favourite bit from that entire performance.

Then there are the performance where artists take the opportunity to show what they got. Beyonce singing 'Love On Top' stopped me in my tracks - I think I even held my breath so I could listen with all I had. Eminem performing with Rihanna was also special - he will always be my favourite rapper. Also Eminem's debut performance with a hundred dopple-ganger's was something special.

Monday can not come soon enough. I am rather excited. I can't wait to see the red carpet. Most importantly you know the performances are going to be epic. Gaga and Perry are both using this opportunity to sing their new songs for the first time. Yay.

Check below to remind yourself of some special performances.






Fingers crossed no one jumps on stage to interrupt an acceptance speech (looking at you Kanye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment