Tuesday 6 August 2013

I Love Lindsay Lohan


I have been a huge fan of Lindsay ever since I saw 'Freaky Friday'. I thought she was amazing in it and total star. She was sharing her scenes with a veteran of the silver screen (Jamie Lee Curtis) and she stole the show. The 'Mean Girls' came around and everyone was in love. 'Mean Girls' was my generation's ultimate teen movie. I did become conflicted with my love for Lindsay as in the early 00's we were made to pick sides between Hilary Duff and herself, I picked The Duff (with a secret love for Lohan).

Everything seemed peachy for lil' Lohan, she was a rising star and selling millions of tickets at the cinema. We all know what happened next. She got her self in some bother, stole some jewellery, got in a few car crashes and her partying got a tad out of control. People can look and say 'oh she is just a kid' but I honestly thought it was always something deeper. Her relationship with her family was well covered and her addictions became common knowledge. She would show up late on film sets, paint the words 'fuck u' on her nails for court appearances - and thats if she showed up to her court dates.

Lindsay has become the noun and verb for a child star gone bad. Not a title she probably loves but it is what it is. She grew up infront of our eyes and we saw all her highs and lows. I have always thought that if Lindsay didn't go off the rails then Emma Stone wouldn't be as well known - she has had a few roles that would have been perfect for Lindsay.

I just watched Lindsay's first TV appearance since leaving rehab. She hosted 'Chelsea Lately' on E! and I thought she did a great job. She was funny, eloquent and was able to poke fun at herself whilst still showing respect for the help she has had. I myself cannot wait for the Oprah interview and docu-series to follow. I just want more Lindsay in my life. I want more music and I want more films.

So a little message for La Lohan - good luck with everything, you are extremely talented and you will always have a fan in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment