Wednesday 17 July 2013

A Letter To Me, Sincerely Me


I read a website for bloggers who have a slight writers block to try and find some ideas. One of the ideas was to write a letter to your younger self. I don't know if I am supposed to apologise or if I would write down some things to look out for. Sure there are things that I wish turned out different and there are things that I wish never happened. I thought of a few things to tell my youthful self:

-Lose the weight, it will only make you more and more unhappy.
-Take care of your health, you are paying for it now (the Doctor's were right)
-Don't smoke that first sober cigarette in the first week of uni, you are now addicted.
-Don't waste your time at Sixth Form, you did not need A Levels
-Go with your gut instinct when choosing a Uni Course.
-Try harder in sports, you are good at swimming.
-Have a go at the school plays.
-Don't read any websites about not taking your medication.
-Say yes more.
-Cut your hair! People remember you from high school as the boy with a bob!

However, I then gave it some further thought and realised I don't need to change anything about my past. If it wasn't for my past then I wouldn't have what I had today. In some people's eyes I don't have a lot. I am 24, still in Uni, moved back in with my parents and I have the same job I had when I was 16. Those things aren't important to me. The most important things in my life are the people I met along the way and the friendships I made. I wouldn't even know some of my best friends if it wasn't for the choices I made in the last few years.

I have lost people along the way and that sucks, but maybe some people are meant to come in to your life and leave. We learn from them and then we move on - not in a malicious, using kind of way, but just for personal growth. I don't have a million friends but the ones I can call a friend are the best things in my life (aswell as family of course). I may not have money in the bank but I have plenty of contacts in my phone. If I ever need someone I have a list of people who would drop anything and come help me.

For any (if any) of my friends read this then I just want to say thank you. I love you to death. We may not talk much and very infrequently but you are very special to me and I am only a text away.

Just a further note: they are all me in those photos - looks like I have had more regenerations than the Doctor (Doctor Who). Younger on the top row, more recent on the bottom and my favourite recent ones in the middle. The circle one is probably the best representation of me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment