Monday 1 July 2013

Skins is back


Skins is back for 6 episodes. I am a tad excited for it. It's always nice to see where the characters you like are now, years after they were snatched from your life. I have watched every episode of Skins, some I didn't like and some that I absolutely loved.

My favourite cast would be the second generation (Series 3 and 4). However my all time favourite character was Cassie. She was the girl from the first generation that was anorexic, fell in love with Sid and said 'Oh Wow' a lot. Her character was beautifully written and it showcased an eating disorder the best I have even seen (Hannah from Hollyoaks was a close second). I loved Cassie's style and her personality. Me and my friend also invented a dance based on Cassie (yep, me and my friends are that cool) basically it consisted of closing your eyes, putting your arms up and just turning. Sounds stupid but there was something about it that made you feel the music. Gosh thats sad.

Another favourite character was Effy. She was Tony from season 1 and 2's sister. She didn't say anything for two years. Then she was cast as the main character for 2nd generation and suddenly she had a lot to say. She had a lot of issues and generally wasn't a happy girl. One of my favourite storyline's from the second generation was the lesbian love story. It was beautifully told and you really wanted them to work out. I'm looking forward to see if they carry on the story into the new season.

The third generation was probably my least favourite. It was completely detached from the first two. All new characters. The storyline's were everywhere and I didn't believe these people would actually be friends if it was real life - they were too extreme of characters to seem connected to each other.

Skins was sold as an insight to teenagers who had just started college. For me it wasn't what happened - but then again I was an art student without a social life. It was nice to have a little insight in to that world. Would I want to live it? No way. I am not hardcore enough for that scene. It was crazy. I did get jealous of some storylines and I do wish my teenage years were a bit more exciting - but I guess I will just live vicariously through the eyes of Effy and the gang.

Favourite Character - Cassie
Favourite Generation - Second
Favourite Couple - Emily and Naomi
Favourite Guy - Sid
Saddest Storyline - Chris' Death/Grace's Death
Most Shocking Storyline - Freddie's Death
Favourite Storyline - Cassie's battle with Anorexia
Funniest Character - Pandora


No comments:

Post a Comment