Sunday 7 July 2013

Queen Victoria

Victoria Beckham was my first major crush. I fell in love with the Spice Girls just like any other normal 90's kid. They dominated everything. I couldn't even go in to a supermarket without seeing them everywhere - chocolate bars, Pepsi, lollipops, crisps, deodorant - you name it they were on it. So naturally I chose my favourite, Posh Spice was my favourite. There was something about her pout, her mini black dress and her razor sharp bob that just spoke to me. The crush began. It was hard to ignore because the Spice Girls were shoved down your throat, I didn't mind one bit. The songs, the albums and then the movie - I lapped it up.

Then one of the saddest days of this young boys life occurred - the Spice Girls broke up and went their separate ways. Luckily Victoria was a huge celebrity so she never actually went away. She married David and released some solo material. I personally loved her stuff but Britain did not (it still cuts me deep that she is the only Spice Girl not to have a solo number one). So then she went off and did what she did best - Fashion. Starting out with a denim line and sunglasses before moving on to her own brand. The fashion world has embraced her as she has become a British designer celebrated world wide. Her aesthetic is very much about the woman's shape. Simple designs that highlight curves in all the right places - if I was a woman I would definitely covert all of her handbags.

My love for Victoria shows no sign of dying down. Everything she does she does with elegance and style. She has an amazing sense of humour - if you don't believe me than just watch her one off special 'Victoria Beckham: Coming to America' - she is hilarious. No she may not smile all the time, but she herself has said that she doesn't like her smile. If you don't like something about yourself wouldn't you make sure people don't get pictures of it? She is human after all. She is a mother of four and she looks like an amazing one at that - just this week she was photographed competing in her kids sports day. In my eyes she can do no wrong and also she never has so the haters should back off.  I hope one day to meet her, but I don't she would be too happy meeting a sweating, drooling hot mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment