Friday 5 July 2013

Gone But Never Forgotten

It is weird how a death of someone that you don't actually know can affect you. It can feel like losing a friend, and to some people a love of their life. I have never been that attatched to celebrity death but I can understand some people; Michael Jackson for example was everything to a lot of people. Some deaths did affect me in a weird way.

Amy Winehouse
Her death was a complete shock for me. I was convinced she was going to get healthy again and everything would be hunky-dory. The day I found out I was generally upset. I loved both of her albums and was craving for more.

Lisa Lopez
I was quite young when she died. I hadn't experienced much death when I was that age. I was/am a huge fan of TLC. They didn't really get big in the UK until 'Waterfalls' was released. All four of their albums are still on my iTunes and listened to sometimes. She was a huge talent and I hope one day unreleased tracks are found so a new generation can experience her talent.

Brittany Murphy
She was one of my favourite actresses. I literally loved everything she did. I remember watching her in 'Clueless' and I was in awe. My favourite role of hers was in 'Drop Dead Gorgeous', she was absolutely hilarious and a huge talent. I feel she was stolen from us, she had so much more to give.

Aaliyah
Again I was really young when I was told she had died. Again it was huge shocker. It was a freak accident. She wasn't hugely well known in England, but I knew about her; especially because of her roles in 'Romeo Must Die' and 'Queen of the Damned'. I will always be proud of us Brits for getting her to number one after she died. I thought the tribute video that was done for her was absolutely beautiful. Check it out below.


No comments:

Post a Comment