Monday 22 July 2013

Wanderlust


I suffer from an extreme case of Wanderlust. There is no known cure; it is something I have to live with. It is a strong and irresistible impulse or desire to travel the world. I am not crazy, I don't want to go anywhere dangerous - I am not equipped to deal with life threatening circumstances. If someone was to threaten my life I would probably piss my self and run into a wall. However, I want to see what this world has to offer. I have only seen such a small part of it and it makes me sad that I am missing out. I have a list of some of the places I want to go to - badly ... as soon as possible. I feel that in life true wealth comes from experience not monetary gain. Again I am not stupid; I am well aware money makes you happy - but I would happily spend all of mine on travel. So, some of the places ...

New York
I have already been once, it was amazing and any other synonym for amazing. The only let down was the heat, if you know me or even seen me then you will know I don't cope in heat. It's disgusting. We were there for 7 days and I don't think we even experienced 10% of what the city had to offer; and we were out all day everyday.

Tokyo
Just looking at photos and movies of this place make me desperate to see it. It is absolutely stunning, a mix of old and new. I really want to go to the Harajuku district and see all the amazing fashion styles it inhabits. Plus I love sushi so I wouldn't go hungry.

Sydney
Many reasons to want to visit. I love the accent. I want to see the Opera House in real life. I want to see my favourite group perform in their home country. It is such a beautiful place and having watched Neighbours and Home and Away through out all my childhood it almost seems like I have to go.

Barcelona
Allow me to geek out for a second, the architecture! I watched an episode of America's Next Top Model and they did a runway through Park Güell (also they danced through it in 'Cheetah Girls 2') and I knew I had to see it for myself. It is so stunning and designed amazingly by Antoni Gaudí .

Rome
Another movie may have influenced this decision. I could try and sound cultured and say it was 'A Roman Holiday' or even 'Gladiator' but it wasn't; it was 'The Lizzie McGuire Movie'. Ever since I saw that film I knew I had to go and throw a penny into the Trevi Fountain (and maybe magically become an international popstar).

Northern Lights
I have to see this before I die, I don't mean to sound dramatic but I want to see this with my own bespectacled eyes! I think I may have to go to Iceland or Norway to experience it, but God willing I will see it. I am sure there is a scientific explanation, but to me it looks like magic.

Amsterdam
Think all you want that the reason I want to go is for weed and prostitutes, but hold your horses - they aren't the only reasons (gosh I am funny). I read 'The Fault In Our Stars' by John Green and it made me fall in love with a city I never really gave a second thought to. I want to retrace Hazel's footsteps and see it all.

Hollywood
As a lover of the silver screen I feel I need to go. I need to see the locations of my favourite films and TV shows. I need to see where my 'idols' live, eat, drink and walk their dogs. I love everything Hollywood and I always will. It's literally where dreams are realised and put onto a screen, made to inspire the next big dreams.

Also a quick note to one film location I want to go to - (500) Days of Summer location: Tom’s favourite place: the bench at Angel’s Knoll, overlooking downtown Los Angeles. I want to sit there with my own Tom or Summer, I wouldn't even mind sitting there alone (aslong as someone takes my picture).

So these are just a few places I want to see. And I know one day I will, only one question really ... are you coming with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment