Tuesday 16 July 2013

Reality Queens


I have watched every season of Big Brother except one (I didn't watch the first season on Channel 5) and I have loved and hated them. Some have an amazing cast, great challenges and drama that I crave; some were just forgettable. For me it has to be the right mix of housemates and of course my favourite type of housemate is the one who brings the drama. So I picked some of my favourite most memorable people - just so happens they are all women (the men need to buck up).

Jade Goody
Undeniably the Queen of Big Brother. Still devastates me that she is not with us today. Her first stint on the show cemented the standard that all housemates had to live up to. She was funny, dramatic, shocking and seemed like a genuine nice person. Her second stint on the show did not go to plan but she seemed genuinely saddened and apologetic for her actions - and that's all you can ask for.

Nadia Almada
She was a great housemate. She brought the laughter and the drama aswell. All she wanted from the show was to be accepted as she was in transition from man to woman. The UK embraced her and no one even gave it a second thought as we crowned her the winner.

Nikki Graham
She was a great find by the producers. Its hard to believe she is real. She was one of a kind. Her childish, spoilt behaviour mixed with her warm, caring personality made her one to be remembered. She also coined her own catchphrase that is still used today 'Who is she?!'

Grace Adams
She is the one that we love to hate, she was the ultimate bitchy character. I loved her. Her season was one of the best. She threw water in someone's face as she was evicted and she didn't give a shit. She played her game perfectly.

Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace
'You better know yourself if you're talking about me little girl!' I loved her, she was so lovely and always stuck up for the underdog. A beautiful person inside and out.

Sam and Amanda Marchant
Have to have a little hometown pride with them as they are from where I am from (I even met them in a club). They went in with the plan to have fun and they purely did. Didn't really get into drama. They were a breath of fresh air in a show known for drama and fighting.

Josie Gibson
She was a sweetheart, no denying it. She was lovely. She barely had any drama but she did have a showmance. She won the last season on Channel 4, and I think she would have won Ultimate if she chose to do it.

Charley Uchea
She was amazing. She was a bitch, a title she should hold high and proud. She caused a lot of shit and she didn't give a shit. She didn't let anyone treat her wrong and she stood up for everything she wanted to. great housemate.

Chantelle Houghton
She was put in the Celebrity Big Brother house and had to pretend she was a pop singer. She did an amazing job and won over the hearts of the viewers. Had a showmance which turned into the real thing. She was lovely and played out Big Brother's plan perfectly.

Gina Rio
Currently in the Big Brother House. She is undeniably my favourite housemate this year. She does and says what she wants. Not fazed by the show at all. I hope she doesn't let me down and change my opinion because right now its The Gina Show.

I do have to make an honourable mention to one housemate who was amazing. She was like a cartoon character, she was innocent and she was lovable. Plus she was obsessed with cookies - anyone who loves  the sweet stuff is good in my book. She should be a big star right now but I don't know what happened to her. She was the star of her season in my eyes. Step forward Kathreya 'Cookie Monster' Kasiopa.


No comments:

Post a Comment