Friday 21 June 2013

And the winner is ...


Horror will always be my first choice for movie night. Popcorn, a beverage and a murder - perfect night in. However, to confuse anyone who is trying to work out my personality through my taste, let me throw a spanner in the works. I will always watch a film that has some competitive element to it (aslong as it isn't a team sport - with the one exception of A League of Their Own, Madonna, Gina and Rosie - enough said). If you want me to watch a film just tell me there are choirs competing and I am there. I will also watch spelling bees, beauty pageants and cheer leaders who are willing to bring it.

There is a lot to be said for these type of movies, one of them been what you learn. Here are a few rules I learnt :

  1. If you are called the underdog at any point you are more than likely going to win.
  2. If you come from a rough background you are more than likely going to win.
  3. If you come from a privileged background you might win; but will later die in a parade on the back of a swan.
  4. If you cheat you will not win but you will learn a lesson.
  5. Always change the routine from the year before, the last leader was wrong.
  6. If you look a little bit weird there is a good chance you have a hidden talent.
  7. Someone in your team/group will quit, but don't worry they will be back seconds before the show.
  8. Look for the weird, indie, edgy guy - he will be the love of your life.
  9. The leader will think they are the best, they are wrong - prove them wrong.
  10. Your parents won't support you, but they will still come to the show and cry when they realise they were wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment