Tuesday 18 June 2013

Style Stars - The Olsen Twins

I have been a huge fans of The Olsen Twins for a hell of a long time. In good old Blighty we were intoduced to the twins on a show called Two Of A Kind on Nickelodeon (Full House wasn't a big deal here). As a twin I find myself intrigued by them, as well as Tia and Tamera from Sister Sister.

The Olsen Twins have done something that no one expected - they came from child stars to full on fashionistas! They defy the old stereotype of a child star, yes they have had their troubles but they have evolved into business women. With a couple of fashion labels under their belt, they have become award winning fashion designers.

What impresses me the most about them is their fashion style. As a fashion student we are currently designing small ranges and we are constantly asked to pick a muse; I always pick them. They inspire me. They have a mixture of boho chic meets business wear meets androgyny meets high fashion. They take risks as well as having a don't-give-a-shit attitude.

One day I hope to work with them/for them. And if by any chance they ever read this (one can wish) my CV and portfolio are ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment