Monday 17 June 2013

It's a Scream baby!


I am a huge horror fan! I mean huge! There is something about a horror film that is not like any other film, you can sit and enjoy any film but with horror its an experience. You are scared, you jump, you cover your eyes, you panic, you get caught up in suspense and then you are witness to a violent crime.

Many of my friends question my love for these films, except one. My favourite franchise is Scream. I really love the characters, the storylines and the twists. Neve Campbell is everything and she is in my heart The Scream Queen - forget Jamie Lee Curtis (sorry). I have seen the films so many times that I can't remember the first times (except Scream 4). I wasn't old enough to see any of the others in the cinema.

Scream is great, the first one set the standards for modern slasher films. Yes it was supposed to be a mockery of the slasher genre, but it was so visionary. It set new rules. 

My favourite character - Sidney
My favourite Ghostface - Billy and Stu
My favourite cameo - Drew Barrymore/Sarah Michelle Gellar/Parker Posey
My favourite quote -

Sidney: God why don't stop your whining and get on with it. I've heard all this shit before.  
Roman: Stop.   
Sidney: Do you know why you kill people Roman? Do you?
Roman: I don't want to hear it.
Sidney: Because you choose to. There is no one else to blame. 
Roman: Damnit fucking damnit 
Sidney: Why don't you take some fucking responsibility?
Roman: Fuck you.
Sidney: Fuck you.

My favourite relationship - Gale and Dewey

My favourite death scene - Marielle Jaffe/Olivia Morris (they really kicked it up a notch in Scream 4)
Most shocking reveal - Jill Roberts as Ghostface

No comments:

Post a Comment