Sunday 30 June 2013

Shitty toilets and an amazing escape


I have been to a couple of festivals in my time. I really love them. Its like your stuck in a world of music, tents and alcohol. For a couple of hundred quid you get to see all of your favourite music acts, have huge sleep overs with like minded people and get pissed 24 hours a day.

There are some down sides to the whole festival experience, one word - portaloo. They are disgusting. If you need to go make sure you do it first thing in the morning. Just after the cleaning crew have arrived and pumped all the crap out - run! This is the only time of the day that you won't be sitting over a mountain of shit. No shock but they stink. Not helped by the fact that some people don't sit, they hover. Do not be shocked to find a turd on the toilet seat. Some people lose all sense of common decency - its every shitter for themselves.  Also I wouldn't use the showers - they are for the desperate shitters. Baby wipe baths are the way forward.

The good times out weigh the bad times 10 fold. On the first day its like a huge meet and greet. You get to know your neighbours (especially helpful when you need a mallet). Everyone is excited, you go on some rides, start drinking and go find something to do. Then the next day you wake up (some slightly worse for wear) and the music starts. You go to the stages, you get a beverage and don't give a fuck.You get lost in everything and you forget about your real life for a couple of days. There is mud everywhere, cups of piss been chucked over everyone and people getting sick in the corner - and you don't care. If you're going to a festival don't expect cleanliness. You are stupid to expect it.

This year I am going to V Festival. I had no plans to go any this year as the line-ups weren't really made for me. Then one word changed everything - Beyonce! I missed out on the Mrs. Carter tour and I was gutted so I made sure I got tickets to this (so much that I bought someone else's ticket for them). I really can't wait. Its the greatest escape and you get to do and see things you won't in real life.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Escape

    Escape rates for their immersive games are hardly 50%! Are you ready to pick up the gauntlet

    ReplyDelete