Sunday 23 June 2013

I will be the Couponator one day!


This show is everything. It is perfect. As a reality TV fan this is like crack to me. The basic premise is that it follows American's who are extremely genius. They collect coupons and use them all at once, saving hundreds of dollars off their grocery shopping. Some even save thousands!!

I am extremely jealous that America has this opportunity. In England we do not have such luxury as our Supermarkets do not like us to have coupons. Maybe once in a while there will be a coupon for a new chocolate bar, but this does not exactly save us a shit load of money. 

I have a number of favourite moments from the show. I love meeting the people, especially when they give themselves nicknames such as the "Couponator" and 'The Cajun Couponer'. Then we get introduced to their stockpile - my God its amazing. Its almost as if they have a small supermarket in their basement. My jealousy reaches a boiling point. 

The culmination of the show is at the Supermarket. We see them running around the store, with incredible planning and maths skills. Then its the heart stopping, hold your breath moment when they get to the till. Will the  coupons work? Did they pick the right product off the shelves? Will they get a 100% saving? So many questions and I am glued to the screen. 

This show is awesome. Do they need 100 packets of pasta sauce or 200 sports drinks? Probably not, but when the store is sometimes paying you to take the stock out of the store you don't say no. If there is ever an apocalypse, these people will out live us all. 

I would like to thank TLC for bringing this show to England, I don't need to find them online any more.

2 comments:

  1. Craig- I can't stop laughing and thanks for the shout out. Love, The Couponator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy. I can't quite believe The Couponator read my tiny little blog. I am a big fan. Thank you x

      Delete