Monday 24 June 2013

Spring 2014 Menswear


I am a huge follower of fashion, women's fashion. Strange I know; as a man I should really know what is in fashion for me. I find women's fashion more exciting and more like art. I always have a nosy at men's fashion weeks just to have a gander; and this year I was really excited by it. I've really enjoyed Milan's Fashion Week and I find their shows to be the best. They have a strong European influence whilst still pushing forward with some classic looks.

My favourite show had to be Emporio Armani. It definitely responded to my aesthetic more (I wear a lot of blue). They kept a lot of classic cuts, especially with the suits. The suits were fitted and traditional. Then there were elements that shook it up, there was some sheer panels, crazy patterns and some gorgeous leather.

Some other highlights for me were Moschino. I really like their graphic prints and use of brighter colours. My favourite piece was a blazer with had panels of different prints. I don't know where I would wear it but I definitely want it. Vivienne Westwood of course bought the crazy we expected from her shows, there were a couple of sweaters that I will purchase with my imaginary money. Etro seemed to have had a mexican kind of inspiration, a lot of sombreros; I'm sure these were just for the show and I won't be seeing men walking around the streets in them. The prints on the suits were beautiful and it made me think twice about wearing beige - I might give it a shot. Gucci mixed it up this year, they have gone for a more youthful appearance, a mixture of patterns that I loved, an amazing burgundy sweater that will go on the same imaginary credit card as my purchases from Viv.

No comments:

Post a Comment