Monday 24 June 2013

The Ones That Got Away


I like to watch televsion a whole lot. Some may say too much. They say the average amount is about 4 hours a day; for the first time in my life I can be considered above average. My TV rota is pretty full and sometimes some shows slip by.

There is always something for me to watch and I get heavily invested in some shows, never missing an episode and I get emotional about some characters. When a character gets killed off or leaves I get upset, its like losing a friend.

Beyond my control I miss out on some shows. Then these shows become huge, start producing hundreds of episodes and I get way too behind. Some shows I wish I watched were Game Of Thrones, Supernatural, The Good Wife, Mad Men, Homeland and Breaking Bad. All these shows have huge fandoms and cult followings. I feel left out. 

I have tried watching some of these shows, Game Of Thrones in particular. I have watched the first 5 episodes. The main issue for me is that there is so many story lines going on and I have no one to discuss them with because either they don't watch it or they are on season 3. There is one character I am obsessed with - Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons, khaleesi to Drogo’s riders, and queen of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros (quite a long title!) She is beautiful and I am a huge fan of strong female leads (Buffy, Charmed etc)

I also tried to get into Supernatural. I feel like it is the boy version of Buffy so of course I had to watch it. I have watched the first couple of seasons and really enjoyed them (I have always loved Jensen Ackles since his amazing role in Dark Angel). I just didn't get invested enough into it so I allowed myself to get distracted by my other shows.

One day I am sure I will watch all these shows, my social life hardly gets in the way. If anyone wants to tell me some secrets I really won't mind. I am one of the few people in this world that likes spoilers - helps me to know what to look out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment