Wednesday 26 June 2013

Who am I talking to?


Catfish is back for a second season and I am elated. I love this show, it is one of the best reality shows of all time. The basic premise is that these people have been talking online or over the phone for months/years and have yet to meet. One of the talkers has had enough so they thought the best idea would be to contact MTV and have a camera follow them to meet the person.

However, the person they have been talking to is not always the person they thought they were - this is when it gets juicy. There are multiple reason for why these people refuse to meet. Some are quite emotional, for example one man believed he was too fat to be seen by the girl that he had been talking to, other reasons are just pure nasty, for example (and my favourite episode) one girl just wanted to get back at another girl because she was her boyfriends ex! She created another person with the intent to eventually hurt her - and she showed no remorse!

I myself have been a 'victim' of 'Catfishing' except I had the opposite way round. I was talking to someone over text and they then decided to create another profile and talk to me through that (this person obviously had nothing better to do), he then used my other conversation against me and lets just say it got nasty and petty. I wish him nothing but the best with life.

I am so happy there is a second season, even more happier then when I found out the first season was been created after the movie. Long live the Catfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment