Wednesday 19 June 2013

Food Glorious Food

I hate cooking. Can't stand it. I find it annoying and takes way too long. My main issue is I love food so much that I don't want to wait for it. If Sainsburys could build their deli counter in my kitchen I would be living the dream. However my hatred for cooking is surpassed by my addiction to cookery shows.

Watching other people cook is a passion of mine. Gordon Ramsey is my food God. I could watch him for hours, and I do; Kitchen Nightmares, Hell's Kitchen, Masterchef US .... I watch them all (I even watched Gordon's Hotel Nightmares because I love him so much).

I enjoy watching the shows that show cooking but the most amazing ones are competition ones. THEY ARE THE BEST. Food Network Challenge is the King of all competitions. Basically 4 different speciality chefs compete to win $10,000 and amazing bragging rights. My favourite ones are the huge cakes or sugar sculptures and I don't know if its the evil twin side of me coming out, but I pray they fall. The tension watching them transfer their creation from the kitchen to the show table has me holding my breath on the edge of my seat. Its more tense than any horror movie could wish for. Watching the cakes that have taken 8 hours to create smash on the floor, it makes me happy. I can't help it.

If I could be anyone from the food world (I would pick Gordon, but he is perfect and I would screw everything up) I would be Adam Richman from Man Vs. Food. He has the best job in the world. He gets paid to travel the world and attempt food challenges HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE. I know envy is a sin, but Jesus forgive me I am jealous.

1 comment:

  1. If I wasn't married and shit I would pack my life up and go on a Man V Food trek across America just getting fatter and fatter :) x

    ReplyDelete